Finding A Church To Worship

Share your prayer requests and praises.

Finding A Church To Worship

Postby 1stwahine » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:46 pm

I stopped going to Church about six months. I didn't stop believing. I used to go to First Assembly Of God at Moanaloa. I didn't enjoy going anymore. Everytime I would go, I would want to leave.

After four years, my daughter, Ligaya, came home from R&R from Iraq asked me to go Anuenue Church in Ewa Beach with her. I refused. When she left, I attended and loved the church but once again found myself making excuses not to attend.

Anyone out there knows of a church that I could go to? I'm looking for a church that I can grow in learning the word of God. That will keep me on FIRE with the LORD and use me to witness unto others of what he has done for me.

There is so much more I want to share. So much questions I want to ask. In time. In time. I love this blessed Web Site! :)

1stwahine
1stwahine
Children's Choir

Hope Chapel Pacific

Postby Champuru » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:39 pm

1st Wahine:

Our church (Hope Central) just planted a sister church in Salt Lake called Hope Chapel Pacific, pastored by my longtime friend and husband's classmate, Pastor Paul Lucas.

Their first service was held last Sunday in the cafeteria of the Salt Lake Elementary School (1131 Ala Lilikoi St. Honolulu, HI 96818) at 9:00 am. Go to http://www.HopePacific.org for a map.

The church has a definite local flair and a sense of ohana that you feel the moment you step through the doors. If you're looking for a place to worship, you might want to check it out.

Let me know if you make it to one of the services! Currently, they only have 1 service which is on Sundays at 9:00 am.

Blessings!
Champuru
Nursery

Postby 1stwahine » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:05 pm

I forgot to mention that MAMA and I live in Central Oahu...Mayor Wrights Housings. I need a Church that would be near and one that could really become active in. I loved Anuenue but the drive was so long.

Word of Life isn't for me either. Please pray for me and MAMA. I miss the fellowship.

1stwahine
1stwahine
Children's Choir

Postby lovetosing » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:03 pm

I'll definitely be praying for you. There's so much peace in finding your church home and family. I know you have a strong faith in the Lord, but man, it sure is a help to see/feel/hear Him working through people who will stand with you, love and support you. *hugs*

My husband & I recently found a new home church, and I thank God for that. I'll pray...the Lord has a place for someone as wonderful and caring as you are.

take care
lovetosing
Nursery

Reply to finding a Church...

Postby 1stwahine » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:29 pm

Mahalo lovetosing for your kind words. I am really looking forward in going back to church. I know the Lord will guide me, to the house of worship... he wants me to be at.

See you on the Forum. :)

1stwahine
1stwahine
Children's Choir

Return to The Prayer Tower