Okay. This Time for Sure.

You know. Whatever.

Okay. This Time for Sure.

Postby scrivener » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:39 pm

Hi. I'm just about done with my stupid master's program, so I finally have my life back again. :)
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
-----
Scrivener's Sudoku
scrivener
Youth Choir

Re: Okay. This Time for Sure.

Postby Champuru » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:03 pm

Congratulations! I know what a relief it can be to be finally done with school. What an accomplishment, Scrivener!

So... any plans to get your doctorate? ;)
Donna [at] Champuru.net
Champuru
Nursery

Postby scrivener » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:23 pm

I'm not ruling anything out, but the circumstances under which I'd get one would have to be unexpected. I'd need someone to pay me to work on it in addition to paying for the degree itself. Not sure that's going to happen.

Being a graduate student while trying to be a full-time high-school teacher is sooooooo difficult.

And thanks for the congratulations, but don't congratulate me yet. I'm almost out of the woods but I'm not out! :)
-----
Scrivener's Sudoku
scrivener
Youth Choir

Postby Champuru » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:27 pm

Well, getting your Masters is certainly an accomplishment in itself. I'm proud of you!

Kudos to you for sticking with it and blessings to you as you head toward the homestretch of this endeavor.

What will you do with all of that "free time" when you're done? :D
Donna [at] Champuru.net
Champuru
Nursery

Postby scrivener » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:59 pm

Aaaah. Free time. You know, I don't even really remember what I used to do with my time before I started this degree program. Honestly, one reason I jumped in when I did was to take my mind off of some personal issues. Those issues remain, but they are not so time-consuming (she got married), so I'm not sure what I will do.

I have a few web projects I need to get caught up on. Maintenance is not as fun as creation, but I have some children out there who need my attention. The sudoku website hasn't been updated since summer 2006! I have other things out there that are like that.

I've also recently rediscovered the joys of bluegrass music and have begun to play around with bluegrass stylings on my guitar. I haven't really touched my guitar in these three years, so this has been a joy.

I guess pretty soon, you won't even know what free time is, hm?
-----
Scrivener's Sudoku
scrivener
Youth Choir

Return to Whatever