Who will save Abdul Rahman? I mean "Doh"

You know. Whatever.

Who will save Abdul Rahman? I mean "Doh"

Postby rapturos » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:11 am

Writer Michelle Malkin of the Human Events Online website that bills itself as "The National Conservative Weekly * Since 1944" has asked a wonderfully prophetic question: "Who will save Abdul Rahman?".

Well, let's think this thing through. Brother Rahman is quoted as saying this week "I believe in the Holy Spirit. I believe in Christ. And I am a Christian".

Just a few days ago (and I paraphrase since I lost the original story's link) he said when asked what he thought of being accused of being a criminal worthy of death for leaving Islam for christianity: "I am guilty. But I am not a defector or an infidel. I believe in the Trinity".

So brother Rahman is certainly not ashamed of the gospel.

And how about this telling string of clues from the Chicago Tribune:

"Abdul Rahman's family is upset that he has converted to Christianity. They say he must be insane. For a while it looked like that notion--he must be insane to forsake Islam for Christianity--would be the only thing that could save him from being executed. Rahman is on trial in Afghanistan for rejecting Islam, which carries a death sentence."

So he is definitely not loving his life unto the death.

Plus, his family and accusers are least willing to entertain the possibiity that he is a "fool for Christ".

And there was another article (I lost the link to) that suggested that brother Rahman's case might even be serving to surface some of the problems with Islam's core tenets as they bump up against the West's agenda and belief systems. Luke 12:2?

Then there is the posture of consternation virtually forced upon a host of western leaders. For example, a stirring reaction from Down Under:

"(CNSNews.com) - Australian Prime Minister John Howard, a close U.S. ally who sent troops to support the U.S.-led liberation of Afghanistan, says he was sickened to hear that an Afghan convert to Christianity was facing the possibility of execution for apostasy."

"When I saw the report about this, I felt sick -- literally," he said.

"The idea that a person could be punished because of their religious belief and the idea they might be executed is just beyond belief," he said. "There can be no justification of any description for this."

Well, I'd beg to differ on that one, Prime Minister. Oh, there's lots of justification. How about this one?

"Many of the jews therefore who had come with Mary and had seen what Jesus did, believed in him. But some of them went to the Pharisees and told them what he had done. So the chief priests and the Pharisees called a meeting of the council and said "What are we to do? This man is performing many signs. If we let him go on like this, every one will believe in him, and the Romans will come and destroy both our holy place and our nation. But one of them, Caiaphas, who was the high priest that year, said to them, "You know nothing at all! You do not understand that it is better for you that one man die for the people than to have the whole nation destroyed".

Ah, so many gems floating around out there. How's about this one? (from Blogcritics.org)

"Under current Afghan law, when the existing civil codes don't preclude it, Islamic Sharia law can be applied. In this case the punishment for conversion from Islam under that law is death, derived from Mohammed's statement "If anyone changes his religion, kill him." This is the penalty which head Judge Ansarullah Mawlazezadah is pursuing in this case, despite the fact that it appears to be contrary to the post-Taliban constituton of Afghanistan, which says that in keeping with the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights "everyone has the right to freedom of thought (and) to change his religion or belief."

"Mawlazezadeh maintains that "Islam is a religion of tolerance." So tolerant that he is willing to grant mercy if Rahman voluntarily converts back to Islam. Rahman's defence has identified a different tactic in the face of undeniable evidence that Rahman is a Christian — he was arrested in possession of a Bible. They are planning to argue that Rahman was insane at the time of his conversion and remains mentally unfit to stand trial. This despite the fact that in interviews he seems to be articulate and quite clear about his beliefs. Their position appears to be that in Afghanistan only a madman would admit to converting to Christianity given the risk of execution."

So who is willing to hazard a guess? Indeed, who will save Abdul Rahman? George Bush? Hamid Karzai? Condeleeza Rice? The pope? Delta Force?

Myself, I think He's saved him already.
Youth Choir

Guilty but free

Postby rapturos » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:54 pm

In case you want to read the article yourself here's the link:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/ ... 9587.shtml

Now this is interesting: brother Rahman admitted that he was guilty of converting from Islam to christianity. No attempt to spin or frame the evidence, just an out and out confession. But here's the world's take.

"(CBS/AP) An Afghan court on Sunday dismissed a case against a man who converted from Islam to Christianity because of a lack of evidence and he will be released soon, officials said. "

Well, that't good, apparently they either ignored or refused to accept his confession.

"An official closely involved with the case told The Associated Press that it had been returned to the prosecutors for more investigation, but that in the meantime, Rahman would be released.

"The court dismissed today the case against Abdul Rahman for a lack of information and a lot of legal gaps in the case," the official said Sunday, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter. "

Yes, brother Rahman's videotaped confession is being broadcast around the world via television and the Internet so apparently it wasn't so much the lack of information, but that indeed, a lot of folks did see some "legal gaps" in there somewhere.

"CBS News consultant Jere Van Dyk said Rahman will still be in great danger when he is released. He said Rahman was moved from a jail in the city to a more secure prison.

If Islamists succeed in killing Rahman after his release, Van Dyk said “they will show again that Afghanistan is not in control of its own security, that it is totally dependent on the West and that the war between Islamists and the west will continue.”

I lost the link but another recent web article said essentially that a Muslim cleric had warned that if would be better for brother Rahman to be executed by the authorities otherwise he would be turned over to the people who would "tear him to pieces".

Nice set of options there alright.

"(CBS/AP) But clerics have questioned Karzai's authority to order Rahman's release and have warned of a possible revolt if he tries.

"The Quran is very clear and the words of our prophet are very clear. There can only be one outcome: death," said cleric Khoja Ahmad Sediqi, who is also a member of the Supreme Court. "If Karzai releases him, it will play into the hands of our enemy and there could be an uprising."

The case has put Karzai in an awkward position."

Speaking of being in an awkward position: remember the scene in the movie "The Passion of the Christ" where Pilate has to try to appease the people who want Jesus crucified but also maintain his air of authority. I thought that was so well done, didn't you?

"The pope's message to Karzai came in a letter dated March 22 written by the Vatican's No. 2 official, Cardinal Angelo Sodano, Vatican spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls said in a statement Saturday.

"I am certain, Mr. President, that dropping the case against Mr. (Abdul) Rahman would bestow great honor upon the Afghan people and would raise a chorus of admiration in the international community," Sodano said in the letter.

Meanwhile, a respected cleric in the northern city of Mazar-e-Sharif, Mohammed Qasim, said: "We don't care if the West drops its support for us. God will look after Afghanistan."

Yes, I couldn't agree more. That is what God is doing, looking after Afghanistan.

"Legal experts have said the case against Rahman is based on contradictory laws.

Afghanistan's constitution is based on Shariah law, which states that any Muslim who rejects Islam should be sentenced to death, according to Ahmad Fahim Hakim, deputy chairman of the state-sponsored Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission.

But the constitution adds that "the state shall abide by the ... Universal Declaration of Human Rights." Article 18 of the declaration guarantees the freedom to worship and to "change" religion or belief."

Well, I am glad there's at least one who's not confused at all about this.

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."

Last edited by rapturos on Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youth Choir

"Somebody, a long time ago"

Postby rapturos » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:25 pm

Mat 10:36 "And a man's foes shall be they of his own household."

Rev 12:11 "And they overcame him by the blood of the lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."

The link to the entire article is included below:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/ ... 9587.shtml

"In an interview published Sunday by an Italian newspaper, Rahman said it was his family, including his former wife and two teenage daughters, who reported him to authorities.

He stressed that he was fully aware of his choice to convert.

"If I must die, I will die," Rahman told the Rome daily La Republica, which did not interview him directly but channeled questions through a human rights worker who visited him in prison.

Rahman said he chose to become a Christian "in small steps" after leaving Afghanistan around 1990. He moved to Peshawar, Pakistan, then to Germany and tried to get a visa in Belgium.

"In Peshawar, I worked for a humanitarian organization. They were Catholics," Rahman said. "I started talking to them about religion, I read the Bible, it opened my heart and my mind."

After saying he was ready to die, he told La Republica: "Somebody, a long time ago, did it for all of us," in a clear reference to Jesus Christ.
Youth Choir

Return to Whatever