Someone Say Something Cheerful

You know. Whatever.

Someone Say Something Cheerful

Postby scrivener » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:20 pm

I'm feeling like total crap. Anyone got anything encouraging to say?
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
-----
Scrivener's Sudoku
scrivener
Youth Choir

Postby Mark From Hawaii » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:45 pm

Well this is a day late (a dollar short?) but I hope whatever issues you had yesterday have been resolved in God's time and through His grace. I'll think of you tonight in our Life Group. BTW, it is only within the last week that I've noticed your Sudoku column in the Star Bulletin. Oops. :oops: You rock! :wink:
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
-Phil. 4:13
Mark From Hawaii
Children's Choir

Postby partyofsix » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:02 am

Dude, it's September--pennant races are heating up--The A's are 5.5 games up (why is there an apostrophe in their name), and always play well in September--the Braves will not win the NL East for an unprecedented 15th time--Mets have the best record in baseball, and their chances of going to the series look good. Alright, you're probably not that interested in the last two, consider this. Art Shell is back with the Raiders, perhaps the best move the team has made in years--I think they're going to be tough this year, but even if they suck again, which they shouldn't, but they might, but they probably won't, but even if they do suck, once the football season is over, it's less than three months until spring training, where everyone is a contender.

I know you're not much on kid stories, but this made me laugh. My oldest started Kindergarten this past Tuesday. They had to make up class rules, and draw them out. He gives me a picture he drew, and I have no idea what the hell I'm looking at, so I ask him to explain it to me. The kid looks at me like I'm a complete moron, and says, almost with a "duh", "No bringing elephants to school."
partyofsix
Nursery

Postby Mark From Hawaii » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:42 pm

"Art Shell is back with the Raiders, perhaps the best move the team has made in years--I think they're going to be tough this year, but even if they suck again, which they shouldn't, but they might, but they probably won't, but even if they do suck, once the football season is over, it's less than three months until spring training, where everyone is a contender."

Ahhhh - another member of the Raider Nation! Hehe! 8) BTW, I didn't make it to my Life Group. I was stuck in traffic - duh! Like 5-1/2 hours to get home. I thought I was gonna go crazy, but I really did ask for the Lord's patience and it really did help. :) Blessings on you all.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
-Phil. 4:13
Mark From Hawaii
Children's Choir

Return to Whatever