Social Networking Sites: Let's Friend Each Other

You know. Whatever.

Social Networking Sites: Let's Friend Each Other

Postby scrivener » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:13 pm

I'm not hugely into social networking, but I have to say that a few of the sites really turn me on. Where are you hanging out, and what's your user name there? Let's use this space as a place to add to our contacts in those other spaces!

Are you Twittering? I was really skeptical about this "microblogging" thing but have to admit it's become a major part of my daily life, and not just online! Add me here.

Twitter's not-as-good alternative, Jaiku, is a place a lot of Twitterers go when Twitter is down, as it so often is! I'm here.

I'm sharing photos at Flickr here.

I'm tumble-logging with Tumblr here.

I'm keeping up with my reading at GoodReads.com here.

I'll add a few others later. No, I do not have a MySpace or Facebook, but if enough of YOU do, perhaps I'll jump in. But really, I hate MySpace!
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
-----
Scrivener's Sudoku
scrivener
Youth Choir

Re: Social Networking Sites: Let's Friend Each Other

Postby scrivener » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:21 pm

Okay, here are a few more.

I'm keeping track of wine (ha-laaaaaa!) at WineLog.net here.

I'm keeping track of the books in my house at LibraryThing here.

I'm using the iLike sidebar and checking out my friends' music here! If you're using iTunes, iLike can be a really fun addition.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
-----
Scrivener's Sudoku
scrivener
Youth Choir

Postby Champuru » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:53 pm

I'm all over the place. I create accounts everywhere, but don't necessarily keep all of them updated. Here are the ones that I am most active in:

Twitter - Like Scrivener mentioned, Twitter has become a way of life for me and a "tweet" is now a noun and a verb.

Flickr - I love photography, so Flickr is a logical online hangout. (Rapturos, you should seriously get a Flickr account!)

Revver and YouTube - Even more than photography, I love creating videos. But, I'd much rather you watch my videos on Revver than YouTube. The encoding is so much prettier on Revver. I hate how YouTube makes my videos look blocky and pixelated. Grr!

Vox - Another social-networking blog site. I used to use it as a mirror to my champuru.net website, but thought that was pretty pointless, so I stopped. I update Vox semi-frequently and have thoughts about using it more as a moblog.

Although it's not a social-network site, per se, if you haven't gotten your daily fill of nonsense, you can always go to my main site at champuru.net.
Donna [at] Champuru.net
Champuru
Nursery

Postby Mark From Hawaii » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:30 pm

Yeah me too...

My Vox

My Twitter

You Choob

MySpace

Hmmm... I guess I'd better get a Revver account.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
-Phil. 4:13
Mark From Hawaii
Children's Choir

Return to Whatever