Last-Minute Gift Ideas

You know. Whatever.

Last-Minute Gift Ideas

Postby scrivener » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:45 pm

I got most of my shopping done in just a few hours today, so I thought I'd pass along a couple of ideas. Please feel free to add your own!

• Hot sauce. People who are into hot sauce can never really get enough, and if you can find them something different or from far away, they always appreciate it! Plus, it's a rather inexpensive gift, and it's practical. Check out It's Chili in Hawaii on King Street (on the left side as you approach Stadium Park) for a ridiculous assortment of hot sauces and hot-sauce accessories!
  • Fire extinguishers or fire-resistant lock-boxes. Something super-practical that a lot of people never think to buy for themselves, but are really grateful to receive.
  • Car battery starters. In the same category as fire extinguishers. You hope you never need it, but when you do, it's really nice to have. I've been lucky enough to have friends who've been able to bail me out of bad situations because THEY've had them in their cars.
  • University of Hawaii (Manoa) t-shirts! They are all over now, with some special-edition designs commemorating the perfect season and the appearance in the Sugar Bowl. Very good for locals living on the mainland.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
-----
Scrivener's Sudoku
scrivener
Youth Choir

Re: Last-Minute Gift Ideas

Postby Mokihana » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:14 am

How can a ex-pat local girl now living on the mainland get one of these shirts?
Mokihana
Nursery

Re: Last-Minute Gift Ideas

Postby scrivener » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:55 pm

I think you just gave me an eBay idea.

Seriously, you want one? You'll have to wait until after Christmas, 'cause no way am I going to the mall before then. What's your t-shirt size?
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
-----
Scrivener's Sudoku
scrivener
Youth Choir

Return to Whatever