Where and When Were You Baptized?

Share your testimony.

Where and When Were You Baptized?

Postby scrivener » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:54 pm

Here's a quickie question. Where and when were you baptized? Is there anything you remember about the day or the moment?

I was baptized when I was about eight years old, at First Southern Baptist Church of Pearl Harbor. I don't remember the pastor's name, but I remember being kinda impressed that he remembered having baptized my mom a couple of months earlier. Wow. That was thirty years ago.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
-----
Scrivener's Sudoku
scrivener
Youth Choir

Re: Where and When Were You Baptized?

Postby Mark From Hawaii » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:46 pm

Ahh good question brother scrivener. I was baptized at Palisades Baptist Church on September 4, 2005. I remember stubbing my toe somehow in the baptistry - bled quite a bit actually. I also recall thinking that this was some kind of sign that the Lord was telling me that this was joyous but serious stuff.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
-Phil. 4:13
Mark From Hawaii
Children's Choir

Postby scrivener » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:32 pm

You bled in the water? Ugh.

Palisades used to have its baptism services on occasional Sunday evenings in the FBC Pearl City sanctuary. We always thought it was really cool to share our space and to watch people we didn't even know get baptized. I almost never say this kind of thing, but it really was a blessing.

I get extremely cynical as a member of the body. Not as cynical as partyofsix, but pretty dang negative. I don't even participate in the Lord's Supper. But one thing that gives me hope for myself is that I never, ever, ever fail to be moved by witnessing someone go under. And when the pastor says, "baptizing you in the name of the father, and of the son, and of the holy spirit, amen," I say "amen" in return, and it is the most sincere amen that ever comes out of my mouth.

Thanks for sharing! Who's next? :)
scrivener
Youth Choir

Postby Pua'i » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:45 pm

I was 11 years old when I made the conscious decision to give my life to Jesus. I know I was baptized as a baby in the Catholic Church, but at 11 I attended 1st AOG in Kahului, my old neighbor taking me with her to church on Sundays. It was an immersion, and the pastors were two brothers; Pastor James and Pastor Phil. Pastor James baptized me. I went out and bought my first English bible, an NIV. Until today, though I dearly love the KJV, I turn to the NIV.
2 Corinthians 12:9 (King James Version)
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Pua'i
Nursery

Postby scrivener » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:17 am

You grew up on Maui?
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
-----
Scrivener's Sudoku
scrivener
Youth Choir

Postby Pua'i » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:37 pm

We lived there for two years, due to my father's work.
2 Corinthians 12:9 (King James Version)
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Pua'i
Nursery

Postby melody » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:04 pm

i finally got baptized in January 2003. it was a long moment and a soul searching one as
i have had to come to terms with changing my religion as a Catholic. it was 10 years that i struggled as it was not easy with my parents being strong Catholics and strongly opinionated in their faith to approach them with any questions regarding Christianity. It was when i finally felt free that i did not need my mother's approval, that i chose to become baptized. the where part was at Manana Pool and with Pastor Guy Higashi :)
melody
Nursery

Return to I've Got a Story