The Foolish Things of The World

Share your testimony.

The Foolish Things of The World

Postby rapturos » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:53 am

This story got told on KLHT Radio by evangelist Danny Lehman so I have it on authority that it is true in all its essential parts. A buddy of ours, Morris Altman, who I call the greatest "tract man" of them all (at least of all the brothers I have met) was passing out gospel tracts on the bus and he gives one to a man who reads it as the bus is passing in front of the old Calvary Chapel in Honolulu church at the corner of Nuuanu Avenue and Beretania Streets. The man sees the church, jumps off the bus on a whim, goes into Danny Lehman's Saturday Night Alive evening service and receives Christ during the altar call that Danny gives that night. That man later tells Danny that he was on that bus on his way to commit suicide. Danny tells us that that precious saint has gotten married and is still walking with the Lord today. What makes this story extra poignant is that brother Morris himself suffered childhood trauma and was left mentally challenged even to this day by the things he suffered early in life. But it has never stopped him from spreading the good news. I recall when we went out to Maui to evangelize, Morris slept in the van on the ride all the way to the top of Mt. Haleakala. But the moment we got to the very summit (at 23,000 feet) he leaped out and started giving all the tourists gospel tracts exclaiming loudly "Jesus is the Lord!". And when we were headed for Lahaina town, he kept asking me "Are we there yet?" and saying "Oh, I'm so excited, I can't wait to get there!". And sure enough, the moment the car stopped he burst out with his bag of tracts without even waiting for the rest of us to catch up. The way I figure it, brother Morris isn't foolish at all. Because the Bible does say, "he who wins souls is wise".
Youth Choir

Return to I've Got a Story