Many Are The Afflictions of the Righteous

Share your testimony.

Many Are The Afflictions of the Righteous

Postby rapturos » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:20 am

Please do pray for Brother Vince who just went into Kaiser Hospital with a mild stroke. It has affected his left side, especially his vision and his speech. Brother Vince is quite a guy. He would go to all the AA meetings and give his testimony which sometimes was met with great derision. But the best story I remember about him was when he asked me to go up to ATS on Pali Hwy to see a friend who was really having it bad. He had actually torn off all his clothes and was found running around in the hills in the wind and the rain howling like an animal. When I met him at the facility and tried to preach to him he told me he had gone through so much recently he just couldn't talk about God or anything like that. So Vince and I just layed hands on him and prayed for him. I have to admit, I really didn't think too much about his chances of getting saved after seeing him like that. But about two months later, Vince tells me he took this man to a local church and he prayed to receive Christ. And sure enough, today this man is a deacon at a local church and hosts several recovery/twelve step style meetings at the church. Every time I see him I just have to marvel. God is Awesome! But the Bible does warn us that "many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers them out of all of them". Vince has been severely ill several times since those good days. Diabetes, heart problems, and he walks with difficulty. But I remember the first time he had heart surgery, how he called to ask me to pray for him, and I could tell he wasn't sure he was going to make it. But totally amazingly, a mere two days later, I went to visit him and found him hauling his intravenous bottles around the hallways handing out gospel tracts to the patients in the other rooms and praying for as many as would let him. Heaven is sure going to be great. "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former thngs are passed away". Hallelujah!
rapturos
Youth Choir

Return to I've Got a Story