EVANGELICAL BLITZING PLATOON

Need help? Ask. Got help to give? Offer.

EVANGELICAL BLITZING PLATOON

Postby Shaun » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:06 am

Hello, I am wondering if anyone is interested in forming an evagelical blitzing platoon to bring people to the Lord. We can test our courage and engage in spiritual warfare for the Lord. To help bring nominal Christians and unbelieving one to become firm in believing in the Lord.

I need the "Few and the Proud" Christians who are "Semper Fi" to the Lord, to enlist here. Newly ordained ministers can start as Second Lieutenants, and those who are in seminary school can become officer cadets. I am looking at contacting perhaps evangelical groups like Campus Crusade for Christ people to mingle with the laid back Christians also to give the laid back guys an umph. Take 3 campus crusaders, maybe and 1 laid back christian, and make him hard core. The newcomers mingle with laid back people, and slowly integrate them into hard core Evanglicals. Maybe the ALPHA course is the best to start.

A gentle ALPHA course even for those who claim to be christians but don't attend church regularly or have lost touch with their own faith are good to do. At least they have more of a chance to deepen their faith as they already accepted Jesus. I want to discuss strategies on how to win converts.
Shaun
Nursery

Postby partyofsix » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:43 am

Is this for real? It sounds like something out of The Door
partyofsix
Nursery

Postby scrivener » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:11 pm

Hi Shaun:

Guess I have to agree with PartyofSix. What do you mean by "laid-back" and "hard core?" And your use of military ranks disturbs me. Who would be the generals and lower-tiered officers? And where would YOU fit into the chain of command?
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
-----
Scrivener's Sudoku
scrivener
Youth Choir

Postby Shaun » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:25 pm

scrivener wrote:Hi Shaun:

Guess I have to agree with PartyofSix. What do you mean by "laid-back" and "hard core?" And your use of military ranks disturbs me. Who would be the generals and lower-tiered officers? And where would YOU fit into the chain of command?

Hi, Scrivener, I remember you from Hawaiithreads, do you remember me? I made a fool of myself there, so I decided to leave Hawaiithreads, but decided to focus on Jesus, as I struggle to find acceptance.

Laid back is those who are like United Church Christians and the rest, who are not capable of effective spiritual warfare. They don't have the "born again flavor". The hardcore would be like the evangelical born again christians, such as the pentecostals and the baptistists, and of course, the International Church of Jesus Christ, founded by Kip McKlean.

The military rank idea came from a fellow named William Booth, who founded the Salvation Army. I also felt that the US Marine Corps type of discipline with the few and the proud could be transferred to Evangelical missionary activity. I am hoping to also co-ordinate with Salvation Army to having a disciplined evangelical crusading Marine Corps.

I am no Roman Catholic, but the Jesuit Priests, who are known as "soliders of christ" founded the Society of Jesus, (St. Ignatius Loyala and St. Francis Xavier) converted in unchartered territory to convert heathens to Christ.
Shaun
Nursery

Postby partyofsix » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:12 pm

Shaun,

I am hoping that you can help me understand more clearly what you are saying. When you speak of "United Church Christaians," are you talking about the United Church of Christ, which does come out of the evangelical church tradition?

What do you mean by "effective spiritual warfare", and "born again flavor", and how do you decribe evangelicals?

Also, there are many kinds of baptists, ranging from the absurd fundamentalists, to the barely Christian liberals, which groups are you referring to.?
partyofsix
Nursery

Postby Mark From Hawaii » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:35 pm

I read this a few days ago and had to really think and pray a bit about this; to try to come up with the right response. It's good that you're fired up and sold out to Jesus. Amen! But to reach non-believers and edify those who have lost the inner flame, I think we should rely on the Holy Spirit to guide us on the right way of doing this. As the Apostle Paul points out, some are gifted by God in different ways. Some are very good at evangelizing while others are better at discerning God's will, etc. With Hawaii's laid-back, liberal, and diverse culture, it is very easy to turn away potential followers by being too blunt and heavy handed. In our church for example, our Worship Team often gets fired up and we sometimes get carried away in leading worship (i.e, playing too loud), upsetting some of the older congregation. Clearly God wants us to lead everyone - young and old - in worship and be sensitive to all hearts. I recall in the book of Acts where Paul is able to blend in with both Jewish and Gentile culture and somehow bring several to Christ.

Shaun, please keep the inner flame glowing and spread God's Good News. I think you have that spiritual gift of being God's witness and if you listen to Him carefully, He will guide you on the right path. :wink:
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
-Phil. 4:13
Mark From Hawaii
Children's Choir

Thanks mark

Postby Shaun » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:10 pm

Hi Mark, I have been away for a bit. I fell in love with a Japanese girl from Shikokuken. I found out that she is now pregnant. She hasn't told her parents yet, but I told her that we can marry and I can help her become a US citizen.

Mark, you have both Japanese and US right? How does it work for her?

I looked up that if she has the baby in Seattle, the child will be given US nationality. It will be easy for her to get US citizenship also. She told me that Japan doesn't allow dual citizenship. I told her that her being fully Japanese, there is no way she will lose her Japanese nationality, just like all you Nikkeijin have your Japanese nationality as you have it by blood, not by being in Japan. But she can become US citizen and have two, even though I can never become Japanese having no Japanese blood. (I did find am eligible for British nationality, so the child can have three)

I want to know how I could go about getting her student visa changed to a spousal visa. I never worried about visa except when I was in Japan, I carried around a gaijin card. My parents did all that, but I never found out what to do about filing papers in my own home country.

I went to Canada before, but all I did was show them my US passport, and they asked for no visas. What do I do with Naomi?

I love her, and will do anything to be with her. You know, she even accepted to be baptised and raise our baby as a Christian. She assured me that she was not going to worship false Shinto gods which some look like demons.
Shaun
Nursery

Postby Shaun » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:13 pm

scrivener wrote:Hi Shaun:

Scrinver. you are Japanese right? What do you do with your dual nationality?
Shaun
Nursery

Postby Mark From Hawaii » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:31 pm

Hi Shaun,

Actually I'm a 3rd generation American of Japanese ancestry, so I've never known growing up with dual citizenship. My Japanese is extremely poor - I know enough to probably offend someone on the streets of Japan with my poor half-Japanese/half-English gibberish. I wish you and your bride-to-be all the best. I'm glad that you're taking the steps to make things right; there are so many children in this world without a father in their lives. May the Lord bless you three.

Aloha,
Mark
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
-Phil. 4:13
Mark From Hawaii
Children's Choir

Postby Shaun » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:54 pm

Mark From Hawaii wrote:Hi Shaun,

Actually I'm a 3rd generation American of Japanese ancestry, so I've never known growing up with dual citizenship. My Japanese is extremely poor - I know enough to probably offend someone on the streets of Japan with my poor half-Japanese/half-English gibberish. I wish you and your bride-to-be all the best. I'm glad that you're taking the steps to make things right; there are so many children in this world without a father in their lives. May the Lord bless you three.

Aloha,
Mark

Oh, then you must know about the 442nd Regimental Combat Team? The US version of the French Foriegn Legion? "Go for Broke" these mottos, rather than "Ganbare"

I believe that if your ancestors have joined this Purple Heart Battalion on the European theater, they deserve to become a regonzied as a US Marine, and have SEMPER FI on it.

I am thinking of joining the US Marine Corps and stationing in Okinawa with my bilingual skills. I wont be shooting anyone, but maybe becoming a Chaplain. I am sure if I get a B.A. in Japanese and a M.Div., I will be more than qualified to do that. At the same time, I could live in Japan with with my wife.
Shaun
Nursery

Postby Shaun » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:42 pm

Mark From Hawaii wrote:I read this a few days ago and had to really think and pray a bit about this; to try to come up with the right response. It's good that you're fired up and sold out to Jesus. Amen! But to reach non-believers and edify those who have lost the inner flame, I think we should rely on the Holy Spirit to guide us on the right way of doing this. As the Apostle Paul points out, some are gifted by God in different ways. Some are very good at evangelizing while others are better at discerning God's will, etc. With Hawaii's laid-back, liberal, and diverse culture, it is very easy to turn away potential followers by being too blunt and heavy handed. In our church for example, our Worship Team often gets fired up and we sometimes get carried away in leading worship (i.e, playing too loud), upsetting some of the older congregation. Clearly God wants us to lead everyone - young and old - in worship and be sensitive to all hearts. I recall in the book of Acts where Paul is able to blend in with both Jewish and Gentile culture and somehow bring several to Christ.

Shaun, please keep the inner flame glowing and spread God's Good News. I think you have that spiritual gift of being God's witness and if you listen to Him carefully, He will guide you on the right path. :wink:

Thanks, also Mark, how would you keep your sense of Japaneseness intact?

貴方は私よりかは多分日本語は日系人だから一応上手であるだろう。日本文化の習慣にアメリカに長い間住んでいた理由で日本国内で遊びに行った時に困った会見はありますか。 このことに対して具体的な例を挙げて徹底的に述べなさい。
Shaun
Nursery

Return to Mission Opportunity