The Cross: The Arthur Blessitt Story

Movies and TV

The Cross: The Arthur Blessitt Story

Postby rapturos » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:26 pm

This you gotta see ... this movie was supposed to end its run at Regal Dole Cannery theaters on Thursday April 9, 2009 but it got held over, I think by popular demand ... okay, it seems a bit of a turnoff from the get-go that it is about an evangelist from California who was called by God to carry a 12-foot cross on his back, first across America and then around the world.

Even one of my friends from church, when he first heard of it said, "oh,no" its got to be about another one of those nut cases giving christianity an even worst name than it has already.

But not to worry, this is a documentary with punchy, pre-camcorder era, bouncy, slightly out-of-focus, but utterly mesmerizing footage of his adventures in war zones, jungles, and riots as he tries to tell the entire world (315 nations by last count) that the undeniable, irrefutable, inescapeable message of the cross is that "God knows your name, He loves you, and He cares".

Or maybe this will draw you in, there's a scene with him praying over Yasser Arafat just outside his bunker right in the midst of the fighting in Beirut. That and how he got through the opposing firing lines with his eight-year old son, braving eight blocks of land mines to get in to see Arafat. Hallelujah.
rapturos
Youth Choir

Re: The Cross: The Arthur Blessitt Story

Postby rapturos » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:53 pm

P.S. it looks like the DVD isn't coming out until September 2009 so go see it in the theater if you possibly can. It's a mind-boggling experience. I wept. Several times.
rapturos
Youth Choir

Return to TV and Movies