Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

Movies and TV

Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

Postby Champuru » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:54 pm

So, who went to see the movie?

I saw it last night and thought that it was very well done. Although I read the book in the 6th grade (a long time ago), I had forgotten all but the most basic premise of the story which is that 4 children stumble upon a magical world through a portal disguised as a seemingly ordinary wardrobe closet.

In the movie, a fantasy world comes to life with mythical characters such as fawns and centaurs, talking animals, and of course, a diabolically evil witch.

References to Christ and His sacrifice are clear; almost in your face. I was glad that it wasn't diluted by Hollywood.

Go see the movie and let us know what you think, too!
Donna [at] Champuru.net
Champuru
Nursery

Postby scrivener » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:37 pm

Hi Donna:

How would you compare this live-action film to the animated film of several years ago? I always thought that was a pretty good representation of the novel.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
-----
Scrivener's Sudoku
scrivener
Youth Choir

Postby Champuru » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:08 am

I haven't seen the animated film, so I can't compare the two. Is it available on DVD? Maybe I'll have to check it out at Blockbuster. :)

I'd like to go see the movie again before it exits the theatres. I wonder if it's doing as well as the filmmakers had hoped.
Donna [at] Champuru.net
Champuru
Nursery

Postby macpro » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:05 pm

Champuru wrote:I haven't seen the animated film, so I can't compare the two. Is it available on DVD? Maybe I'll have to check it out at Blockbuster. :)

I'd like to go see the movie again before it exits the theatres. I wonder if it's doing as well as the filmmakers had hoped.

The Chronicles of Narnia will become the first major franchise for Disney/Walden Media. The film has so far grossed $277,867,308 in 8 weeks of domestic release. It's still in the top 10 at #9 after spending a couple of non-consecutive weeks at #1, edging out King Kong and other late winter fare.

I had never read the books, but I was intrigued by the trailers when I went to see the last Star Wars movie last summer. I saw it the first day it came out.

Loved it. It's been 2 months since I seen it, so some of the details escape me now, but it is a great tale of good vs. evil, with a pretty strong message weaved into the storyline. I probably will go and see it again at the theater (probably Restaurant Row next) before I buy the DVD when that comes out.

The British animated series I belive are the DVD sets I see for sale at stores such as WalMart.
macpro
Nursery

Return to TV and Movies