Christmas at Your Church

Our houses of worship.

Christmas at Your Church

Postby scrivener » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:39 pm

What is it like? Do you have Christmas Eve service? My church used to have services across the street from the church grounds, at the Kaneohe Cemetary, because our sactuary was too small to hold us all. There was something cool about that, even though the lighting and sound in that space were just awful. Now, we've got a nice big sanctuary with great lighting and good sound, and carpeting and air conditioning.

It's not as good!
scrivener
Youth Choir

Re: Christmas at Your Church

Postby Mark From Hawaii » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:02 pm

Well, we had Christmas Eve and Christmas service when they fell on Sunday. Not this year though. I know pastors want church growth but personally I thinks there's definately something to a small intimate church where everyone in the congregation knows everyone else. Just my $.02.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
-Phil. 4:13
Mark From Hawaii
Children's Choir

Postby scrivener » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:24 pm

Wait, are you talking about my church or your church? :) 'Cause my church is smaller than yours, at least now. At least, I'm pretty sure it is. We just used to have our larger services across the street because our old sanctuary was tiny (I mean SUPER tiny). The new one is a lot bigger, but we recently had a split. Ugh.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
-----
Scrivener's Sudoku
scrivener
Youth Choir

Postby Mark From Hawaii » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:47 pm

Oops, :oops: I guess I was assuming that since your church's sanctuary is large and air conditioned now, your congregation must be pretty large. Our church congregation is not too small but definately not large by any means. I think our typical service is attended by about 75 people. At the most I think we've counted around 110, which is close to seating capacity. We've talked about air conditioning the sanctuary but I've expressed that it gets uncomfortably hot maybe 3-4 Sundays out of the year. Opening the side doors, windors and turning the ceiling fans on alleviate most of the discomfort. With, eherm, electric rates the way they are and the added cost of maintenance, I don't think about 10 tons of A/C is justified. Hmmm... Maybe its time for a new thread for that somewhat hot button topic about being Green.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
-Phil. 4:13
Mark From Hawaii
Children's Choir

Return to Church Chat