Hello from Los Angeles

Introduce yourself!

Hello from Los Angeles

Postby drumorgan » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:31 pm

Wow, I found the Hawaii Threads, now I found the secret back room here for believers. Cool.

I am hesitant to just broadcast my faith in public, so I didn't play it up on the other board. But, I am glad to find this one.

Being in California, there is a plethora of everything BUT Jesus Christ. But, I did notice that when I went to Hawaii, most of the people I met were Christians.

Nice to meet you all, and see that most of you are also in here.

Not sure if any of you have seen Way of the Master ministry, and how they biblically present the gospel to everyone. I actually spend a lot of my time doing just that.

I have a blog of my encounters here at http://theheavenlyhost.blogspot.com and actually record my one on one witness encounters. Check it out if you are familiar with presenting Law to the Proud, Grace to the Humble, and check it out even if you are not.

Anyway, I look forward to some great fellowship here.

-Dru Morgan
drumorgan
Nursery

Postby scrivener » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:59 pm

Hi Dru, and welcome to HB. What were you doing here on your visit to Hawaii? Are you from around here? Let us know the next time you're in town -- maybe that'll be a good excuse for the first HB get-together.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
-----
Scrivener's Sudoku
scrivener
Youth Choir

Postby drumorgan » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:43 am

I grew up on Oahu, living in Waialae Gardens and Kahala Towers. I went to Wilson and Star of the Sea schools.

I left in 1981 and have been back a couple of times since. This recent trip was to Kona for a business trip. But, I had to bring my family to Oahu for a week to show them all that I remember.

I'll probably be back in 2008 spring. I have a crazy dream of moving back there with my family. At the very least, I'd love to run my financial planning practice with clients in Los Angeles and Honolulu. That would give me a great excuse to live in both places.

When I was there this time, I met some folks from GNN http://www.thegreatnews.com/localleader ... _Oahu.html who spend their time in Waikiki witnessing to tourists. It was a little rainy in April, so I didn't get as much time out there as I would have liked.
drumorgan
Nursery

Return to Stand and Greet