"The Search for Significance"

What are you reading?

"The Search for Significance"

Postby rapturos » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Maybe it's just me, but I consider this one of the most important books I have read on the deepest motivations of the human heart and how Christ is intimately involved with solving perhaps the most difficult personal issue anyone has to face daily and for a lifetime. Even pastors I have shared copies with have said it really impacted their thinking on a lot of personal issues. My older sister even said that it touched such a nerve personally that she had to stop reading it after like page nineteen until she could absorb what the implications for her own life might really be. It is by Robert S. McGee and I am always surprised how little airplay this book has gotten over the years considering how much influence I have seen it have on all sorts of people. I have a bunch of copies I keep around to give out if I see someone I think it could help, which sometimes seems like just about everyone.
rapturos
Youth Choir

Postby Mokihana » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:28 pm

This is a great book. I have to take it really slowly, because for most of my life I have been made to feel very insignificant. It takes awhile to absorb it all.
Mokihana
Nursery

Return to The OTHER Books