First-time eater at the Blaisdell Center Thanksgiving Lunch

Food! Food! Food!

First-time eater at the Blaisdell Center Thanksgiving Lunch

Postby rapturos » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:46 pm

My hat's off to the Salvation Army folks who put on the annual Thanksgiving Day lunch at the Blaisdell Center. It was my first time there and it was pretty grand. You don't go up and hit the food line yourself but instead an army of helpers serve you at your own spot at one of the vast array of luau tables set up in the exhibition hall. There was lots of entertainment (mostly hula troupes and music groups it appeared) and I was not so surprised to see a lot of different groups there from the elderly, the big familes, and just folks who probably just didn't want to bother with fixing the fixin's on a day when even the "big box" stores looked like they stood down for a well needed day of rest. One of the servers said it looked like the crowd may have run to eighteen hundred and more than likely at least more than the sixteen hundred they had estimated would show up. Mahalo to the Salvation Army folks. Good job. Food was ono. For the curious: turkey (white and brown meat [nice touch]), stuffing & gravy, white rice, canned corn, pumpkin pie, fruit cup, and chocolate bark candy appetizer, juice, coffee, or water.
rapturos
Youth Choir

Feeding of the 1800

Postby Champuru » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:10 am

Sounds like quite a feat (and feast!) to feed 1800 folks! Do you have any photos of the event? :)

I hope you had a happy Thanksgiving, Rapturos!
Donna [at] Champuru.net
Champuru
Nursery

Return to Breaking Bread