Didn't Make it to Church Sunday

Our houses of worship.

Postby scrivener » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:33 am

Well, doggone it. I got all dressed up and ready to go, but the Raiders were down seven points to the Eagles and driving to the goal line. So I ended up not going. What a lame reason!

My brain's been a little fried lately, and I think I needed mindless rest. I guess Sunday worship could have provided that in a more positive way, but oh well. Next week!
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
-----
Scrivener's Sudoku
scrivener
Youth Choir

Postby 1stwahine » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:36 pm

What a perfect title Scrivener! Well, I've been praying about a church to attend. I really enjoy Anuenue in Ewa Beach. My sister called yesterday evening and talked to MAMA and told her she would be picking us up from now on to take us to church. Pator Jerry and the congregation miss us! We missed them too. I also want to see some of the World Champ players that worship at our church! Most of all, my heart is with this church. God is directing me to it to be used somehow. I can't wait till Sunday! Thanks for the prayers! :D

1stwahine
1stwahine
Children's Choir

Still didn't go!

Postby 1stwahine » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:15 pm

I've been feeling guilty in not going to Church as I had hoped...hence, I stayed away. My sister's car broke down. One thing after another. I have faith that I will somehow get to Anuenue.

It's great to be back on the board! :D

1stwahine
1stwahine
Children's Choir

Postby lovetosing » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:23 pm

1stwahine,

I hope you get to the church your heart is at soon. Does that make sense? Missing your church family really stinks and I pray that your reunion there is everything you're hoping for.

Kinda going back on topic, there sure are a lot of things that pop up to make skipping service so easy....kids' birthday parties, bad weather, late nights or tv football games :oops: I've really tried to kick myself in the butt whenever I'm feeling lazy. My biggest excuse is staying out too late the night before.

Rambling again, my apologies!
lovetosing
Nursery

Still didn't go!

Postby 1stwahine » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:27 pm

thank you so much lovetosing for your kind and encouraging words. Yes, I must not make excuses and try my best to make it there. Once again, mahalo.

1stwahine
1stwahine
Children's Choir

Didn't make it to church again...

Postby 1stwahine » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:22 pm

I didn't make it to church again. I was up till the wee hours of the morning due to medical reasons. I know, no excuses. My goal: Get me to the church on TIME! :o

1stwahine
1stwahine
Children's Choir

Postby kaholo4Him » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:04 pm

...well, i didn't go to my home church today --- i actually ended up going to my mom's church. with so many places offering alternatives regarding service days and times, i usually am able to find a way to worship God with other believers even when schedule conflicts arise. i find it refreshing to see what God is doing in other places too from time to time. plus there's televised services too (though i find it not quite the same). on weeks that i DO happen to miss going to a service altogether, i make it a point to worship on my own & have a mega-QT.
yah, it's kinda hard to get back into going regularly when you stop going for a while. it might help to pray about that - tell Jesus you're feeling guilty about not going & all that - He'll listen. you'll probably get some peace from unloading & free yourself to hear the truth (romans8:1 --- no condemnation...), etc. ask him to help you get to the root of the problem - you might need to change your schedule & choose not to stay out 'til too late, or you need to keep the tv OFF sunday morning, maybe it's a signal you're attending a church that doesn't suit you (if you have an aversion to going to service every week, SOMETHING must be up --- that's a note to myself included)... and i find that praying before i go to bed, asking for a heavenly wake-up call usually works =D
*romans 15:13*
kaholo4Him
Nursery

Postby Foxen » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:59 pm

Going back into church has also been hard for me. I have been going, but I have not fully engaged with the church, and at times, I feel bad, but for the most part I don't. For me personally, it boils down to two things... belonging, and concurrence.

Developing friendships and relationships at church is NOT easy...and y'know, it would be nice time to time if the patrons would approach me and ask me how I was doing. That's rare these days...that people in church choose to engage with those they are not familiar with. It sucks to risk a little and then get burned...plus where I am in life...I have friends and acquaintences all over the place and often I don't really have enough time for them all. So I'm not making the effort...my bad. Perhaps though, it would be easier IF the church folks made the effort, not me.

More so though, I am still on a confused journey seeking out what it means to have church, and wading through the wreck of the modern western church. I am not in agreement with church...right now, and finding the "right" church has become harder and harder. I think MANY people are very disenfrancised with the modern western church...and searching, seeking for a new church that they can emotionally, morally, and spiritually support.

So that's why I "miss" service...even though I go.

Fox
Foxen
Nursery

Postby 1stwahine » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:00 pm

I didn't get to go to Anuenue for one reason or another. I've been invited to New Hope this Sunday by my neighbor who lives on the third floor. I asked her this past Sunday why she was so dressed up. She told me she just came from church. My eyes looked at her and she asked me if I wanted to come with her this Sunday. Without any hesitation I answered, "yes!" Why is it that when the days are getting near, I'm trying to find an excuse? I was so excited at first and now I feel so lack luster in going.

I guess I just can't really make the change in not being the Kolohe person that I am and becoming the God like person that is often expected of one that is living the life of what Christ would want us to live. Then again...doesn't he love everyone?

1stwahine :?
1stwahine
Children's Choir

Postby 1stwahine » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:17 pm

Praise Jesus!!!! I finally made it to Anuenue Christian Church today!! Pastor Jerry's sermon was awesome. He talked on Romans 7:14 -25. I felt it was especially for me cause it's exactly how I feel.

Before we partook of Communion, Pastor invited all to go up to the cross and lay our hands upon it to forgive anyone we hated. I took a long time there. I forgave but most of all ~ I forgave, MYSELF!

I'll be going to Bible Study again. I'll be going to church on a regular basis. God is awesome! He hears. He knows. He answers our prayers.

God Bless You! In the name of his son, Jesus...Amen.

1stwahine :wink:
1stwahine
Children's Choir

Return to Church Chat